Our response to the coronavirus
*Update May 11th* - Although we are intent on re-opening our stores, we will be following the Government’s advice throughout this entire process. In line with Government announcements this afternoon the earliest that we will be able to open our stores is June, however that is not a certainty at this point. In the meantime, we advise that you take advantage of our online delivery services.
The social distancing practices within our company are still in place and we are taking every measure possible to keep our staff and customers safe. These measurements will be in place until it is advised that they can be relaxed. You can read the full list of measurements below.
In response to the increasing spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to take some time to reach out to you with some information regarding the steps that we are taking to combat the virus within our company.
We want to reassure you that we are doing everything that we can to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and customers. As a company, we take hygiene very seriously and have been implementing clean practices since we began trading. However, to help tackle the spread of the coronavirus within our facilities, we have introduced additional policies and more rigorous cleaning operations. Highlights of these additional policies can be found below:
- Every staff member is required to thoroughly sanitise their hands upon entry.
- Every staff member has been informed of the strict process that they must follow if they display any flu-like symptoms in-line with government advice.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of all work surfaces including desks, work areas, kitchen areas, toilets, etc.
- Alternating shift patterns to avoid disruption if a case is detected.
- All staff who can work from home have been advised to & provided with the tools needed to do so.
- All surfaces are to be wiped down and disinfected every two hours.
- Staff are encouraged to keep a safe, “social distance” from each other and customers.
- Staff are required to use hand sanitiser and wash hands regularly.
- Customers will be offered the use of hand sanitiser.
- All staff will be actively promoting the use of contactless payments.
- We are advising customers not to use testers in-store and staff will not be able to assist you with coil changes.
- Face masks and gloves must be worn by staff members while packing customer orders. Gloves must be replaced regularly.
- The number of warehouse staff allowed in the packing room has been reduced to eight at a time.
- All staff have been briefed to practice “Social Distancing”.
- All surfaces will be wiped and disinfected several times throughout the day.
Production & Cleanroom
- Laboratory staff will continue to implement the practices that meet the ISO Class 8 Cleanroom standards.
- These include face masks, gloves and lab coats being worn at all times.
- The meticulous cleaning operations of our laboratories will continue as usual and extra checks have been put in place to ensure the already high standards are being maintained.
- Our labs include HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors) filters, which remove particles in the air, down to the size of microscopic bacteria and virus clusters (with an efficiency of better than 99.99%).
Want to stay at home?
The government has now advised that it is important to minimise social contact for the foreseeable future. This includes avoiding public areas and staying at home where possible. If you’re in need of any vaping products then please take advantage of our online delivery options:
- You can shop online with next day delivery on orders placed before 17:00, Monday to Friday.
- Free delivery on orders over £10.
All of our stores are still currently open and operating with normal opening hours. If you would prefer to head to one of our stores, you can check your local store’s stock before you visit via the “Check Store Stock” option on every product page. This allows you to phone ahead and have the order set to one side, minimising your time in-store.
We will continue to adhere to the advice of Public Health England and the UK Government and make amendments to our daily runnings as required. The steps we are taking allow us to function as normally as possible while also prioritising the health of our customers and staff. We highly recommend that you follow the health advice of relevant authorities.
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact our fantastic customer service team.
In response to the increasing spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to take some time to reach out to you with some information regarding the steps that we are...
1.3 billion smokers across the globe have been urged to ditch cigarettes as research suggests that they could make COVID-19 symptoms more severe.
A study at a Parisian hospital suggests nicotine was preventing people from contracting coronavirus. The researchers claimed that a “nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR)” plays an important role in infection from the...